Winterland Lodge is a boutique hotel located at the center of Nozawa Onsen Village, the quintessential traditional ski resort town in Japan. The hotel and taproom is just opposite the Chuo Bus Terminal. All rooms have ensuite bathroom and shower. The free Shinyu Pair Lift ad the Yu Road (moving walkway) are just 5 minutes away. Winterland a taproom and restaurant with great breakfasts and famous for Nozawana gyoza. The free Yokochi Onsen (hot spring) is right across the street. Winterland is located at the center of one of Japan’s best ski resorts, just steps cafes, restaurants and the fire festival grounds. The free Shinyu Pair and Yu Road (moving walkway) are less than a minute walk from Winterland.
Stay at Winterland Lodge this Winter.
About Winterland Lodge
- 6 Private Guest Rooms
- Ensuite unit bathroom/shower in each room
- Private entrance to guest rooms on 3F with code
- Winterland Taproom and Gyoza Bar located on the 2F
- Free hot spring directly across the street (Yokochi no yu)
- Parking (paid) is available nearby.
- Ensuite unit bathroom/shower in each room.
- Custom craftsmen bed in each room with Queen bed, Single top bunk and pull out single bed. All linens provided.
- Comfortably sleeps a family of 3, cozy with a family of four.
- Small refrigerator in each room.
- Start your day with your favorite espresso and breakfast each morning at Winterland Taproom
- Onsen (hot spring) set to use at the 13 free hot springs in the village. Two hot spring baskets provided in each room to take to the free hot springs.
- Directly across the street from the main Nozawa Liner Bus Stop
- 4-minute Walk to the free Shinyu Pair Lift
- 5-minute walk to Yu Road (moving walkway)
- 20-minute bus ride to Iiyama Station (Hokuriku Shinkansen)
Check in / Check out
- Check in: 3pm / Check out: 10am.
- If you arrive early we can arrange to store your bags until your room is available. As we do have check ins on most check out days in peak and high season we do ask guests have bags ready for check out by check out time so we can begin cleaning..
- Bag storage is possible on check out day if you wish to ski or stay in the village.
- Early check in or late check out arrangements must be done at least one day in advance.
Book Early and Stay at Winterland Lodge
Terms and conditions
- Rates include stay for two persons. Extra adult 4,000 yen, Extra Child (6-15 years old) 2,000 yen, one child under 5 years free, infant (under 2 years) free. Baby cot is available for no extra cost if available (limited number of cots so please request when booking if needed).
- Breakfast, espresso and baked goods are a la carte and available from 7am each morning in the restaurant.
- New linens and towels are available by request. If not requested they will be changed after 3-4 days for guests staying one week or longer.
- 10% repeater discount for direct bookings. 10% additional fee for bookings during fire festival week and Chinese New Year.
- Add ons such as Lessons, and Rentals can be added after booking and added to the booking and paid when the balance is due.
- Baby sitting can be arranged with an outside sitting service depending on availability. Price is 2,500 yen per hour for up to 2 children and 500 yen per extra child (4 children maximum at the discretion of the sitter).
- If you would like help arranging courier service on check out we are happy to arrange for you. If you are sending bags and skis to Winterland from the airport or other hotels in Japan please use the address and phone number on the bottom of the page. Please be sure to have the guest booking name on the form.
We do book out early in high and peak season and guests do need to make flight reservations months in advance so please note we must enforce a strict cancellation policy. We suggest all guests pay by credit card with travel insurance in case of emergency cancellations. Cancellation fees:
- Peak Season and High Season: Up to 90-60 days before arrival: 50% charge. Within 60 days of arrival: 100% charge
- Early / Late / Spring Season: Up to 60 days before arrival: 50% charge. 60-30 days before arrival: 75% charge . Within 30 days of arrival: 100% charge
- Green Season: Up to 45 days before arrival: Full refund. Up to 30 days before arrival: 75% charge. 14 days before arrival: 50% charge. Within 14 days: 100% charge
If there is a maintenance problem with hot water, electricity, toilets or other issues we will do our best to have it fixed as soon as possible. Please note that tradesmen in Nozawa Onsen do not work on Sundays so any problem that occurs on a Sunday may note be able to be fixed until the following day.
Damage and Conduct Policy
- Any damage to the hotel premises, rooms, linens, blankets, pillows or other items at the hotel will be charged to the guest for fixing or replacement at the sole discretion of the hotel management and at local rates. Damage fees must be paid at the hotel before check out.
- Nozawa Onsen is a traditional village and guests are expected to respect local customs and conduct. Winterland reserves the right to refuse service or accommodation to any guests who is not respecting the village, neighbors, staff or other guests.